State House 38
1. Abortion: The 1973 Roe v. Wade U.S. Supreme Court abortion decision.
2. Marriage: The 2015 Obergefell v. Hodges U.S. Supreme Court same-sex marriage decision.
3. Marijuana: Prohibiting the smoking of medical marijuana.
While I did not support the original amendment as presented in 2016, I do respect the voice of the people who passed this. Our goal in the Legislature was to make it available to the people who felt like they needed it, keep it away from the people who shouldn't have it, and keep organized crime out of it. I am grateful to the legislature for their efforts to follow the will of the people and implement it as voters intended while protecting our citizens as much as possible.
4. Conscience: Allowing healthcare professionals to opt out of non-emergency treatments that violate their deeply-held religious, moral, or ethical convictions.
5. Assisted Suicide: Allowing doctors to prescribe lethal drugs to terminally-ill patients who wish to end their lives.
6. Privacy: Requiring individuals who choose to use changing facilities, locker rooms, restrooms, and showers in public schools, colleges, and government buildings to use the facility designated for their biological sex.
7. Education: Allowing parents to enroll their child in the public school of their choice anywhere in Arkansas.
8. Tort Lawsuits: Limiting noneconomic damages awarded in lawsuits to $500,000 or less in cases of severe injury or death caused by negligence or misconduct.
9. Civil Liberties: Amending the Arkansas Civil Rights Act of 1993 to add sexual orientation to the list of protected classes.
10. Lottery: Requiring the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery to increase the percentage of proceeds allocated for scholarships to a minimum of 25%.
11. How should Arkansas address our illegal immigrant population?
Immigration laws need to be revisited at the federal level.
12. How can Arkansas prevent mass shootings?
I would support common sense gun safety legislation if constitutional.
13. What specific legislation will you work to enact?
Expanding access to healthcare, improving the public education system, and providing support for small businesses and working families of Arkansas.