State House 48
1. Abortion: The 1973 Roe v. Wade U.S. Supreme Court abortion decision.
2. Marriage: The 2015 Obergefell v. Hodges U.S. Supreme Court same-sex marriage decision.
3. Marijuana: Prohibiting the smoking of medical marijuana.
4. Conscience: Allowing healthcare professionals to opt out of non-emergency treatments that violate their deeply-held religious, moral, or ethical convictions.
5. Assisted Suicide: Allowing doctors to prescribe lethal drugs to terminally-ill patients who wish to end their lives.
6. Privacy: Requiring individuals who choose to use changing facilities, locker rooms, restrooms, and showers in public schools, colleges, and government buildings to use the facility designated for their biological sex.
7. Education: Allowing parents to enroll their child in the public school of their choice anywhere in Arkansas.
8. Tort Lawsuits: Limiting noneconomic damages awarded in lawsuits to $500,000 or less in cases of severe injury or death caused by negligence or misconduct.
9. Civil Liberties: Amending the Arkansas Civil Rights Act of 1993 to add sexual orientation to the list of protected classes.
10. Lottery: Requiring the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery to increase the percentage of proceeds allocated for scholarships to a minimum of 25%.
11. How should Arkansas address our illegal immigrant population?
Arkansas should address our illegal immigrant population by improving the positive aspects and decreasing or eliminating the negative aspects in current laws. The approach should be two-fold: 1. Efforts to stop illegal immigration moving forward, 2. Pass laws that will protect the children of illegal immigrants by revising current statutes to shorten the time it takes to become a citizen and remove a lot of the red tape.
Be fair and just to all.
12. How can Arkansas prevent mass shootings?
Arkansas can prevent mass shootings by having stricter gun control laws, and prevent certain weapons from being sold to individuals.
Loving your neighbor as yourself
13. What specific legislation will you work to enact?
I would sponsor and support stricter gun control laws that would prevent certain weapons from falling into the hands of individuals who are not qualified to possess or use them.
Healthcare, education, job creation